Most entrepreneurs start out inexperienced in how to get started in the online world. I know I was in the same boat when I quit my 9-5 and was on my way to creating a new life as an entrepreneur. I discovered that there are many apps out there ready and waiting to help you with every aspect of your business. Here are a few of the most useful apps to assist you on your business venture.
Having a great project management tool is a good start in the online business world. Asana keeps things on track and organized. It will get you on the right track with your projects.
- Seamless switching between client accounts and personal
- Add and assign tasks with calendar deadlines and integrated reminder settings. Team members can also communicate within the platform.
- Add files as attachments
Asana has integrated with other popular apps like Slack. It expands functionality with extra features such as Reporting.
Canva is the new kid on the block when it comes to creating beautiful graphics. It competes well with the big dogs like Photoshop. Start unleashing your inner Graphic Designer.
- Extensive library of stock graphics and fonts.
- Formatted templates for all many social media platforms. Canva for Work also has “Magic Resize”, that allows for the same graphic for various social media.
- Custom Branded colors, fonts, and templates. Allows accounts for clients and team sharing.
Canva is very user-friendly and has lots of advanced features. Watching the tutorials can elevate your creations to the next level.
No time to read those websites immediately? That's no problem for Pocket. It is a website with a Google Chrome extension, that allows you to save websites for later viewing.
- Integration with other apps such as Hootsuite, as featured in this article.
- Offline user capabilities
- Option to “Tag” your saves into categories allowing for intuitive suggestions.
There are a few choices out there in cyberspace when it comes to website clipping sites such as Pocket. I appreciate the simplicity of the library and archive interface.
Social media marketing is in high demand. Software like Hootsuite can assist businesses as a Social Media Content Scheduler. Hootsuite has been around since 2008 and sometimes you cannot beat a classic.
- Google Chrome browser extension for quick sharing straight to the social media profile
- Free account allows for up to 3 Social Media Sites for scheduled posting to Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Customized analytics with 2 free reports included with the basic membership
Hootsuite helps you to optimize your time by posting to social media accounts. No need to drop everything to ensure your social media presence anymore.
Evernote can organize notes, manage projects, and track tasks. It is an effective electronic journal at the touch of a screen.
- Toolbar extension that saves web pages and screenshots to your Evernote Notes sections
- Integrates with other platforms
- Add attachments of documents, PDFs, photos, videos and audio files
Evernote allows me to save a screenshot of a website using the browser tool and then view it on my phone. It has expanded its services to include shareable work among Project Teams.
Trying to find apps that are useful can be daunting. There are so many options available that it does take some time to find what works best for you. I know your new business will be a great learning adventure, but why not make it easier by utilizing great tools?